homestead - Re: [Homestead] Potato Question

  • From: "Donna Warren" <djwarren AT aeneas.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Potato Question
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:25:40 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: homestead-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:homestead-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of EarthNSky
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 1:25 PM
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org

How about that!!!
How have you been Donna? It is good to see you again.
I am still borrowing tillers... :(

Some years back I subscribed to a local service, aeneas.net and have had all
my message attempts blocked. That is still the service but my son told me
to use outlook. This was my first attempt.

A year ago January, I had an accident which left me with a broken knee cap
and a spiral fracture of my left arm. Lots of rehab time. In November had
another fall with damage to the right shoulder, so family insisted that I
live in Nashville where they could watch out for me. Fell on the stairs in
Nashville, damaging my shoulder again. Had an operation to repair the
rotary cuff a bit over 6 weeks ago and have been in a sling which keeps the
arm out about 6 inches from the body and makes even the simplest task
overwhelming.

And today, when the orthopedic surgeon asked how I was doing and I told him
I was ready to burn the contraption, he invited me to do so.

So I am free, able to shower, wash my hair, put on socks and shoes, do the
dishes, probably not pull Bermuda grass yet but the future looks good.

And today, I saw your mention of me. How nice to be remembered.

Donna, Middle Tennessee, but determined to get back to West Tennessee.