homestead - Re: [Homestead] Panem et circenses, was Tomorrow's Announcement

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Panem et circenses, was Tomorrow's Announcement
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:15:25 -0500

I originally wrote a long rant, but I know how you guys hate my long
posts so I moved it to my blog (see my sig file for the link) and
limited my comments below.
With a blog, there is no expectation that one has done their
research or that a post is well thought out and all the t's are crossed
and the i's are dotted. I don't have to be politically correct or watch
what I say. It will be more a 'first amendment' exercise and less a
'polite company' exercise.

Lynda wrote:

I figure if we owe nothing, no matter what he does we'll be o.k.

I do wish the voters had actually gone out and done their homework!
Now all
I can do is light some candles, burn a smudge and hope to whom or
whatever
that the Chinese don't call the loans due!

I never thought I'd say it but I think we have actually gone from the

frying
pan into the fire! Dumbya had our grandchildren and great-grands in
debt.
This circus is going to have 7 generations in debt OR MORE!

I'm fed up. FED UP with the status quo. I know a lot of people are as
well. I don't know who to be angry with, who to complain to, or what
good any action in isolation will do.
<snip long rant>
… Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People
have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed
out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and
circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81) Roman poet, almost 2000 years
ago, still relevant today.

--
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/
EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia