homestead - [Homestead] Tomorrow's Announcement

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Tomorrow's Announcement
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:31:25 -0800

Well, tomorrow Teflon takes on the rich . . . at the expense of the poor.

Can someone please tell me how putting a cap on tax deductions to charitible organizations is going to hurt the rich OR make them pay their "fair share of taxes"? WHO is going to be hurt by this? The rich? HELL NO!

Rich Joe Smoo will divest himself of whatevers, spread it out somewhere else, buy more things he *can* depreciate and write off and tell the non-profits to take a hike.

Why would movie stars bother flying all over the place to make guest appearances for charities x, y and z when they can't write it off? They'll give to the make allowed by the IRS and then they'll quit.

I don't have much use for Teflon but I did think he was a tad bit smarter than this. This is just plain S-T-U-P-I-D!!! This stunt makes Dumbya look smart! And, I didn't think anyone could accomplish that!

Lynda, spell me disgusted!