homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tomorrow's Announcement

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tomorrow's Announcement
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:32:37 -0800

Nope. We're way over budget because we have a puppet in Sac. O.K., that is only part of the problem. A major part is illegals. We have a HUGE number of hospitals and clinics that are about to go bankrupt!

Pete Wilson was the brains behind the electric power crisis. He is the one who busted up the two big utilties companies in a bid to be part of Dumbya's cabinet. Didn't get him a thing but sure got us in a world of hurt.

Now, what does this have to do with the current situation, you ask. Tons. Or should I say billions. The state ended up sucking it up and being the one footing most of the bill. Ol' Bland Davis couldn't make a definitive decision if his life depended on it. His dithering around exasperated the problems that Petey Pie caused.

Sooooo, along comes Schwartzenazi and who should be his campaign manager and behind the scenes guru? Petey Pie.

The real math is 90 commissions that Petey Pie put into place. The energy crisis, again Petey Pie. Idiots that insist that every illegal, his/her anchor baby and their lst, 2nd and 3rd cousins should get welfare, food stamps, school lunches, WIC and MediCal are another part of the pie (MediCal is CA's version of Medicaid. The problem is the feds don't dump in their share for illegals, so CA carries the whole burden of that part). As far as education goes, a lot of the problem stems from NCLB and its requirements which were not funded at first and under funded at best. Again, add in the illegals problem with the requirement for ESL teachers and tons of special ed.

Then you have the Air Quality boys requiring this, that and the other thing be added to CA's gas which put another big crimp in the budget because it turns out the stupid stuff is a major pollutor AND carcenogen and now CA is having to pay a bundle for that.

Take away NCLB and stop the open arms spending for illegals and you'll put a great big dent in the deficit in CA.

Is Teflon heading that way. Ah, no. He's hell bound on the super sonic version. He'll make CA's current problems look like a walk in the park!

Teflon's a shiney thing. Folks didn't do their homework and Marjo is going to take them all to the cleaners.

The major downhill slide starts tomorrow with the announcement.

He's got his whole mortgage thing on the net and I think his plans for first time home buyers. We're seriously thinking of selling this place. We happen to be in one of the only places in CA where the prices haven't gone down and in 4 years our place is worth more than twice what we paid for it. Places up here are still selling. We still owe some on it and if we sell it we can buy something else for cash and have no mortgage. The places nearer the coast are going down in price, so we're doing some serious thinking!

I figure if we owe nothing, no matter what he does we'll be o.k.

I do wish the voters had actually gone out and done their homework! Now all I can do is light some candles, burn a smudge and hope to whom or whatever that the Chinese don't call the loans due!

I never thougth I'd say it but I think we have actually gone from the frying pan into the fire! Dumbya had our grandchildren and great-grands in debt. This circus is going to have 7 generations in debt OR MORE!

Lynda, you are probably the best person to judge this..
Why do you think California is in such bad economic shape?
I heard a commentary tonight that suggested that the reason California
is way over budget is because of their social programs and education
spending. Would you agree with this?
The point that was made is that President Obama wants us to follow a
model that is basically the same as the California plan-a recipe for
economic disaster. What say ye on this?

I keep seeing the same Barack Obama as I saw during the campaign. He is
still trying to be a great salesman, and America bought it...but what
have we bought into....I still don't know what his plans are for
healthcare, education, or energy independence. I also don't have a clue
as to how he intends to deal with the banking/housing crisis. I keep
hearing how he is going to 'lay it out' or that he has 'laid it out' but
I really don't see anything there. I heard he is going to have meetings
on how to reform healthcare. ????? What the ???? Meetings?

I recall in 1992, Bill and Hillary put healthcare reform at the top of
their agenda. I'm glad that I did not hold my breath then. I'm not
holding my breath now. Obama is supposed to be a great intellectual
President, but what can he do in "meetings" now that wasn't done in
"meetings" for the last 17 years? Am I supposed to believe that he will
magically have the answer? Was the answer buried in the latest
'stimulus' bill-the one no one read, the one with made up numbers?
I've heard all the promises. I'm listening respectfully. I'm ready to
sacrifice and do my part in the recovery of the country. I know it
won't be pretty. I'm hopeful that positive change will happen. BUT,
Obama needs to have a plan with substance, and I haven't seen that yet.

What I did see today was surprising. Sen. Byrd, a Democrat, publicly
questioned President Obama on all of his new appointments, saying that
the White House/Executive branch was gaining too much power without
appropriate checks and balances.
Good point there.
I also saw a chink in the armor of the love affair the media has had
with our President. More outlets were reporting less than positive
reviews of last nights speech. Questions are being raised. Satire is
rampant.
It just seems to me that President Obama is a good poker player. He's
confident and shows no fear when he has a bad hand. He's great at the
bluff, but when push comes to shove, he quietly folds and starts talking
up the next deal. He risks very little and plays a conservative hand,
people like his style and personality, so he remains in the game.

Well, tomorrow Teflon takes on the rich . . . at the expense of the
poor.

Can someone please tell me how putting a cap on tax deductions to
charitible organizations is going to hurt the rich OR make them pay
their "fair share of taxes"? WHO is going to be hurt by this? The
rich? HELL NO!

On the news tonight, I heard a commentator state that if we took the
entire incomes of all the people who make over 250K a year, it still
would not be enough to pay for all the spending that has been discussed
and approved so far. I don't know if that is true, but it does raise
the questions of how much more can we take and where WILL the money come
from?

--
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/
EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia