homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ice storms --bad weather

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ice storms --bad weather
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:24:47 -0500

So far we've only gotten snow from this storm...what's another few inches on top of what we've already got? The sleet and freezing rain are coming. We are supposed to get above freezing next week. Maybe we can get rid of some of this *#@^ ice. It just keeps building up as the snow gets packed down. I can't get a sled of wood up the driveway without my Yak trax. It took me three tries to get the car out of the driveway yesterday. Once I get moving, I can't stop at the top of the driveway, or I slide all the way back to the barn. This is the part of winter I hate. Usually it's only a few days, then it warms up and the ice melts; this year it's been weeks.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>