homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ice storms --bad weather

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ice storms --bad weather
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:00:10 -0500

It is 50 degrees and raining right now. The leading edge arrived a few hours ago and it is expected to rain all afternoon. We have received 0.12 inches of rain this morning. The pressure at EarthNSky is 29.97 and falling as the front arrives. The wind is picking up-should be gusts to 40mph today, and the temperature will also fall for a low tonight of 29-30. It looks like we escaped this one on timing....
It is a great day to plant seeds at the kitchen table...

Bev

Sage Austin | Eureka! Design wrote:
We were braced for the tip of it which passed over us in the night, but fortunately did not drop freezing rain as expected. The sun is out this morning, it supposed to warm up in the 60's again. That was one gigantic storm stretching from us to the east coast. I'm sure some of you did not fare as well by the looks of it. Hope everyone is OK. Sending warmth!

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge