homestead - Re: [Homestead] A greens cooking question

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A greens cooking question
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:19:25 -0800

Bob, do you like you cabbage cooked down to no texture? You can use all kinds of greens so that they still have texture. They are good as a replacement for bok choy and other types of Asian cabbages in various Asian dishes. Dishes where they still have texture.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Thanks Sage; I waited for your reply, will pick (cut ) some today. I boil the h*ll out of my greens to the point that I only have strong liquid (potliquor?), with fatty pork. I know you don't eat meat. I would like to try your way; my wife says we need to gradually move to using as much olive oil in our cooking (both of us-- she nor her mother never fried much -- so the problem with 'grease and fat' is really me)

It is hard for me to imagine greens being edible after just ten mionutes of cooking, but it is simple enough to try. Thanks again..........