homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:53:41 -0800

Not necessarily, Bob. It depends on your retirement plan. *Some* folks buy a secondary policy. Some folks get their retirement policy as supplement. Some retirement policies are primary with Medicare as the secondary.

Medicare Part A is the hospital part. Medicare Part B is outpatient. Then you have the Medicare Advantage plans which are seperate.

I had two 3" binders on Medicare when I did insurance for the rehab center. Now, it is three binders worth.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Wouldn't the Blue Cross be the "Part B" or "Part C" to medicare? I think that is the way it works, but they keep changing the plans. My MIL lived with us when she died (well, she actually died in the hospital). She also had a private plan -- I believe it was Blue Cross, and meidcare and she had full VA benefits. She went to private and VA doctors and hospitals, for different needs. She died in the VA. Now, the VA would bill her private insurance, and maybe medicare? She received very good care, but many people get lost in the VA system. I don't know a good answer. I just don't want the same people who run the damn I RS or the DMV running the health care system..................