homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:51:19 -0800 (PST)

You said that she is 92, so she is using medicare. That is , most say, the
finest socialized medicine on earth. If we could afford to pay for it,
'medicare for everyonme' 'is' the ultimate goal for those who want
nationalized medical care. You will never see better 'socialized' care, in
this country,than medicare.

If she had been 61, without insurance, and in a county hospital she 'might'
have spent the first 24 hours sitting in a plastic chair in the emergency
room; depending on the city and the hospital. The health care system is a
mess, and the government is already a big part of that