homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading Eco Farm that hosts an abused womens sanctuary

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading Eco Farm that hosts an abused womens sanctuary
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:04:46 -0500

> So here is one flippant reply: One of those eight acres planted in
> "smokable herbs" would likely finance and support the rest of your
> operation. That is, if you aren't opposed to monoculture.

Good response, Warren! Just check to see if your local sheriff
department has a helicopter or not!

Ivey, The one thing to keep in mind is be tough and don't give up. You
asked for some opinions and we have given them. But, I'll add to what
I've said that where there's a will, there's a way. If you are short
on land, you use intensive gardening techniques to make your 3 acres
of planned garden shrink down to 1 acre. You can the add more pasture.

Rob - Va