homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading & Survivalists

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading & Survivalists
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:43:52 -0800

Bob, fear is NOT a synonym for concern.

And this e-mail clearly shows that you don't really understand homesteading or survivalists!

I've seen a whole bunch of survivalist sites. I get routine invitation to join them because they want to pick my brain <g> However, of the dozens and dozens of such sites, I have yet to find one that is *primately* made up of/inhabited by homesteaders. And we've already been around the bend about the difference between a farmer and a homesteader.

And you obviously aren't a student of the human animal. For starters, a survivalist is fear driven and thus cannot be fearless. And because one is "fearless and self-reliant" doesn't mean they don't have individual personality traits.

I mean, we can label you a city slicker since you don't meet the definition of urbanite. Your stubborn, inclined to argue. Does that mean *all* city slickers are stubborn and argumentative? Ah, no.

A homesteader meets certain definitions but that doesn't mean they aren't individuals.

Plus, how do you really know who or what those folks on lists are? I've found a whole bunch of those folks who make claims on lists are simply playing pretend.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>