homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading & Survivalists

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading & Survivalists
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 06:35:37 -0800 (PST)

So, there is no 'fear' at all among 'real' homesteaders? No concern of the
future, no dependence on outside forces? That is not what I have read from
'anyone'. Also, I imagine a 'survivalist' can 'love' the land while worrying
of the future or 'fearing' forces beyond their control. I love the land and
I am neither -- nor do I see much insight from much of the recent spate of
group labeling. Some survivalists sites are primarily inhabited by
urbanites, some by rural farmers and homessteaders.

A fearless, loving, independent self-reliant "whatever' doesn't need to try
to seek approval by disparaging the other. There is crossover bewtween many
of these groups. If a person is fearless and self-reliant, then great; but
that person will not be wassting their time disparaging similar groups of
different orientation.......