homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chigger WAS Anthropology -

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chigger WAS Anthropology -
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:06:14 -0500

Plus (LOL), they like warm, tight places, like your underwear waist or leg band, or in your crotch, butt crack, armpit, back of your knee...Never, ever, sit on a wooden log in the South...lol..

EarthNSky wrote:
Oh and the bite looks like a mosquito bite-about the same size and redness and all, but itches far, far more than any skeeter you will ever be bitten by...

EarthNSky wrote:
Chiggers are small, almost microscopic mites that burrow under your skin
and cause severe itching. The only way to kill them is to cut off their
air supply, suffocating them. Most folks I know use fingernail polish
to accomplish that.
Google "chigger" and you will even see pictures.

Frank Fries wrote:
"There is a ton of collective information here." Have scanned some of
the archives and noticed that.

Here is a question - what the heck is a "chigger" (mentioned in the
firewood thread). I know what ticks are and I assume that chiggers
are an insect that bites humans - but like a horsefly or like a
mosquito or ???

Frank