homestead - Re: [Homestead] Healthy Harvest has a blog!

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Healthy Harvest has a blog!
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:35:20 -0600

Gene GeRue wrote:
We have slightly over 50 "members" (there are no dues, nothing official) who signed up to be on our email list, and about 20 actively showing up and participating in monthly gatherings. The locals who do not have email have been picking up the newsletter at the local library. They go like hotcakes. We will continue to post meeting and workshop dates there, but will try to get those folks to use the free computers and the Internet at the library to view the blog. Our canyon community is about 400 people, and according to statistics 4.4 people per square mile so it feels even smaller as most folks don't get out often. We expect a larger turn out to the free workshops, and think we will build momentum. Suggestions and comments are always welcome, even from outside our group.

Thanks--Sage