homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anthropology

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anthropology
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:50:35 -0800

Boy, that's a new one on me, Bob.

Now, there is no doubt that the Polynesians got to South America long before anyone thinks they did.

Now, Columbus never made it to North America at all. Vikings were here long before most folks give them credit for. They lived because they weren't out to convert or kill those "dirty heathens."

Now, I've never figured out why folks think the Chinese were the folks who came over the Bering Straights. The only even vague similarities to language are those of the Aluet and the other Arctic Circle folks. No definitive link to any Asian languages or European languages.

Plus, the 13,000 years is now known to be wrong since the findings in Chile which are dated at about 35,000 years. And then you have the DNA from some of the folks on the West Coast which are totally unique and different than other tribes.

Of course, my own folks (currrently dated at minimum 10,000 years in CA) whose only similar linguistics are from the East Coast. Only one other small group on the West Coast (next door neighbors, so to speak <g>).

So, go figure but we don't have any redheads, so I think you'll have to dismiss the Viking connections <g>

----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

No, the new anthropolgy shows that Europeans (probable Viking ) were the actual 'first' inhabitants. Lynda will ex-plain it better........ ;-)