homestead - Re: [Homestead] herbal extract info needed

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] herbal extract info needed
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:43:06 -0500

Sage Austin | Eureka! Design wrote:
Bev, I'd just try to incorporate some of the seeds into my diet if I were you. They taste like sunflower seeds, only not as rich. You could sprinkle them on granola, salads, pilaf, egg salad, mashed potatoes, etc. Then you wouldn't feel like you were taking so many meds.

If you have them growing in your pasture that's probably the most appropriate place for them. Although they are medicinal, like all thistles they are opportunistic and will spread.

The goats pretty much cleaned them up and took out a lot of the ones there naturally. I see a thistle pop up once in a while now, but not in any large quantity that would be suitable for quantity.

If I recall, a good
sized flower will produce about a golf ball size worth of the seed but I never measured or weighed them.

So, you would go through maybe one flowerhead a day or every few days? Is that enough to get the cleansing effect or is this something that I will need to take for the rest of my life? In other words, can this be a seasonal med that is taken as it is available in the pasture, or do I need to grow enough to take year round for life?

I have one more Friday and then a Tuesday for shots. They are now giving me just one shot of something called Imovax, (Human Diploid something or other). I was doing fine up until this past Friday. The shots no longer hurt at the time given, but later that night my entire arm hurt and this weekend I developed a swollen lymph node in that arm pit. I can't remember ever having a swollen lymph node there, so I'm going to call the doctor/health department today to see if this is normal. Seems like my body is fighting this new shot.

I'm guessing it is a normal lymphatic system reaction, but I get swollen nodes, too, and they are worrisome. Annoying, too.

Take care Sage..

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge