homestead - [Homestead] herbal extract info needed

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] herbal extract info needed
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 23:44:56 -0500

I finally got into town today and while I was there, I bought some turmeric and milk thistle capsules. Nine tsp of turmeric is just a bit much, so I decided to switch to the extract in capsules. I don't think I've noticed any change yet, but I'll finish the course. It's only been a few days. It may be that it has more preventative power than curative power, I dunno.
I saw milk thistle and remembered you guys saying it was good for the liver, so I'd appreciate some dosage guidance. It says to take 1 tid with food. I'm wondering if I can get by with 1 a day. I have stopped taking some of my meds, and I really don't want to up the pill count if I don't have to.
This is Spring Valley 175 mg milk thistle extract silybum marianum seed standardized to contain 80% silymarin, 140mg

--
"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."