homestead - Re: [Homestead] herbal extract info needed

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] herbal extract info needed
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 01:58:30 -0500

Thanks Sage...420mg is 3 per day...<Sigh>
There is just no escaping medicine. I guess these little capsules are
better than injections.
So you grow them and use them yourself? If one pops up in the back
pasture, I'll try to remember to save the seed and give them a dedicated
place in the garden. My newest raised bed, Bed 6, is going to be
dedicated to herbs, especially medicinal herbs.
How many 'doses' do you think are in an average seed head?

How are you feeling these days-holding up okay under the shots? Can
*you* do a push up? <eg> Sorry, couldn't resist. I know your arms are
probably killing you and I truly hope you are okay. Hopefully your arms
are better having a little break since last week. You get the next
round on Tuesday, right? Have I miscounted?

Bev

Sage Austin | Eureka! Design wrote:
Milk thistle seed tastes pretty good, I just sprinkle them on food
and eat them. They are easy to grow and harvest. Michael Tierra (Way
of the Herbs author) says 420 milligrams daily, assuming powdered.
Sorry, Bev, I've not been following the threads, I am swamped with
work and seed starting.--Sage

EarthNSky wrote:

I saw milk thistle and remembered you guys saying it was good for
the liver, so I'd appreciate some dosage guidance. It says to take
1 tid with food. I'm wondering if I can get by with 1 a day. I
have stopped taking some of my meds, and I really don't want to up
the pill count if I don't have to. This is Spring Valley 175 mg
milk thistle extract silybum marianum seed standardized to contain
80% silymarin, 140mg

Release Date: 1/9/2009 8:38 AM

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius

~ Calvin Coolidge