homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stock-up list

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stock-up list
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:51:02 -0800 (PST)

An acquired ability is still a skill, Lynn. Be proud of what you have
accomplished on your own - and of your ten 'whole' fingers. I come from a
long line of very talented builders. My father is missing half of the part
of a thumb where the thumbnail should be. One of my brothers is missing the
end part of a finger to the first knuckle and my grandfather is missing about
an inch off a thumb. And, they are all highly skilled. The machines were
all very sophisticated cabinetry machines -- it just takes a portion of a
second to dissappear part of an appendage. If you don't have one, you should
treat yourself one day and buy a sawzall. You would be amazed with what you
can do with that one tool.....................