homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stock-up list

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stock-up list
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:41:02 -0500

One item I've noticed mentioned on a couple of forums but you hardly ever see on these 'prep lists' is hose clamps. Like for radiator and other auto hoses. They are inexpensive, but would be hard to improvise.

A well-stocked workshop would have them, and lots of other stuff....I'm sure I could dig up a few radiator clamps. I think that's the difference between a 'prep list' and a functional homestead. When you do this and deal with this life everyday, you tend to know what you might need and are prepared for anything. It's not 'survival' or 'prep list', but 'life'. You can't run into town everytime you need a washer or a nail, so you keep plenty on hand. And save everything you take off a reused board...hinges, bolts, nuts, washers...I've got a workshop full of them. I might spend all day looking for it, but whatever I need, I have...somewhere.

Lynn Wigglesworth