homestead - Re: [Homestead] A TF running out of forms

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A TF running out of forms
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:47:39 -0800 (PST)

yesterday I visited with an older man (67) who built himself an "earthship"
(more on that later)....

His place is approximate 2 miles from a paved road.  I was asking him why he
had so many big dogs (all are 1/2 wolf bred).  For protection.

As he showed me the earthship (awesome) ... I noted loaded guns propped up
next to every door.  I asked him why.  Protection.

Why?  He told me that illegals walking thru the area, walk along the ridge he
is on, so they can see if "La Migra" is on the road 2 miles away.  The
illegals frequently attempt to break in and steal things - anything from food
and water, to clothes, etc.

Some of these are "drug mules" and other just illegals passing thru.

His property is about 20 miles or so north of where I am (and some 40? miles
north of the Mexican border) .  These illegals pass my area before they get
to him.  This property has a 6' high chain link around it with triple strands
of barb across the top.... and even so, the illegals have come on the
property.  My first guess would be looking for water and food... this IS the
desert.  A quick gunshot on the air sends them scrambling.

People buying guns today are buying them for protection --- IMO.