homestead - [Homestead] More Prognostication

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] More Prognostication
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:56:49 -0800 (PST)

Gerald Celente is a highly celebrated futurist. He has been on every
imaginable news program and some of his predictions have been excellent, so
far. His predictions result from computer models, analysis, etc. I'll be
honest in saying that I have more skepticism toward overall futurists than
toward a man knowledgeable in one field making educated predictions about
that subject and the rmifications if his predictions are true. And, in the
end, anything that anyone suggests about the future is a 'guess, in my book.
Many things could instantly alter or conception of the future. But, he is
widely foloowed, this is a short piece of what he says (below), with a link
to the full youtube interview.

p.s. In the youtube audio, he is heavy on buying and doing busines
'locally', just as Lynn suggested .. He also discusses upcoming t*x revolts

p.s.s. A man named Alex Jones is doing tyhis interview. In some circles
(including mine) he is considered among the whacko UFO crowd. But Celente
has been on every major news and business channel

Gerald Celente: The real economic shock begins in February '09

Listen to the audio

Related article: Trends Forecaster Celente: Greece-Style Riots Coming To U.S.

Related interview: Gerald Celente with Lew Rockwell, 14 December 2008.
-
Listen to the interview (6'24) with Gerald Celente by Alex Jones, 17 November
2008.

Gerald Celente: We think the real breakdown is going to begin in February
(2009). That's our forecast. Because in February we're going to realize the
shock of what has happened from a dissapointing - dissapointing is putting it
lightly - Christmas, holiday retail season.

Alex Jones: And you think the Obama hope will fade by then aswell?

Gerald Celente: Yes. For a lot of people. [...] Get ready for a bank holiday.
Because we're going to see runs on the banks that [...] they're not going to
be able to cover them anymore. [...] Holiday: [...] That means you're not
going to get your money out of the bank. [...]

We believe that gold is going to go in to the $2000 range. And we're going
to see periods of deflation, whereby all those homes out there are going to
be worth a lot less than they are now. [...] There is deflationary prices on
one end and hyperinflation on the other. As I mentioned: in February. Because
once all these retail outlets start closing - as we're already seeing with
Circuit City and Starbucks - it's going to be a glut of commercial real
estate and that is the next shoe to fall.
-
In part 4 of the interview (9'15) more on the 'total implosion' in 2012 and
hope after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNnRF43xIy8

http://www.deepjournal.com/p/7/a/en/1808.html

  • [Homestead] More Prognostication, bobf, 01/11/2009