homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading and beyond ... was Corn Fed

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading and beyond ... was Corn Fed
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 17:20:24 -0500

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 3:41 PM, bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oh, and I forgot-- My great-grandfathers' half brother was a half-breed
> Cherokee Chief. And, my half, great-great aunt was an Indian princess,
> wasn't everyone's ;-)

I caught a bit of a documentary last Sunday on segregation and
football. (The racist behavior was sickening and made me feel shame to be
born of the deep South.) One of the segments was about James Meredith, the
first back student at Ole Miss in 1962. According to Wikipedia, he too had
Native American ancestry--Choctaw. A mighty lot of mixing up the bloodlines
back in the old South.

Cathy