homestead - Re: [Homestead] Why I am always so jealous of the rich

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Why I am always so jealous of the rich
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:14:03 -0800 (PST)

Gene, I like your book review, but, the fact remins that most people who kill
themselves are not rich. Merkle was beyond rich. Whe you have those
resources, I believe, you are just keeping score. It is no longer about the
resources, it is about the score.

The same applies to most who commit suicide, the numbers, for whatever
reason, no longer work for them. I have set with a family member, older than
you are now, who begged me to retrieve his pistol, for the pain was so great.
The congestive heart failure that killed him in such a brutal fashion ( and
which is now killing my grandfather), was his breaking point. Merkles,
eveidently, was such a big loss with no time to regain. Whe a 16 year old
kills themselves because of abuse, it is another breaking point. Suicides
occur for a lot of different reasons, and they do not occur primarily within
the upper socio-economic strata........