homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:05:35 -0800

You can teach her "mine" and that anything that is "mine" is off limits. It is two lessons. One is to shut up (use your "word") and the other ("mine") is to keep her Jack Russel behavior (eat the birds) from elimating your chickens.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Would that cause her to stop barking at 'people'? She sounds like a combination pit bull/doberman , everytime someone comes near the yard -- I like 'that'. Our fence is very tall concrete block walls completely around the back and side yards. No-one can see that she is actually 'small'; her barking at 'people' is imporatnt.

She is also stubborn, she will quit barking at someone walking up the front sidewalk if I tell her a certain word --now ,if they get close to the porch, she goes crazy, I can't stop her except to pick her up and physically remove her to another room. If I were not in the back yard with hwer, would she still be afraid of the hose? She is not 'real' old, she celebrated her fourth birthday on Halloween