homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Dr. Dr. Give me some news, now bad behavior in the medical field

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Dr. Dr. Give me some news, now bad behavior in the medical field
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:05:38 -0800 (PST)

Great advice.  I agree.  I have gotten my Rx from optometrist and been
treated the same way for not purchasing the lenses with them.  They do not
like it.  I think the only reason I got the script was because I used to be
the scrub tech for one of the docs on staff (he was an excellent surgeon, but
in the 2000 market crash lost most everything and in his retirement years was
working part time as an optometrist).  Actually he and I were invited to go
to China for 3 years as part of a larger group to teach western med to
Chinese, long long ago.

And I agree about the being embarrased to have been part of the medical
system - allthough I went on strike long ago.  I can believe they call some
of this stuff medical practice these days.  The doc I went to for years did
not accept insurance.  And she spent as much time as needed with patients -
no revolving door treatments.  And was very open to alternative treatments,
and doing the minimal.

Mostly I just avoid going to see docs - as I usually wind up arguing with
them.

Anticipating rough times ahead, I did do some thorough work on my teeth last
year and had the basics checked pre-surgery this year.  I am blessed with
health, and cursed with a family history of longevity... LOL.  Cursed because
I'm not so sure I want to be battling the elements and mother nature at an
advanced age.

When I was in high school, I read a book called Alas, Babylon.  My
quasi-instruction to survivalism post nuclear war, and did not even discuss
medical emergencies.  In my early years, I thought in those terms, of how to
survive a major nuclear war.  Later I thought I would rather just perish and
moved closed to a military base next to a nuclear power plant LOL.  At least
all the reading for that helped prepare for a major Cat 5 hurricane.  There
is very little that will help this generation prepare for a Dark Ages II.