homestead - Re: [Homestead] hyper v depr debate continues

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] hyper v depr debate continues
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:00:29 -0800 (PST)

Can't argue w/bankruptcy.  Effects will be widespread.  I'd bet a lot of
government (local/state/federal) pensions are invested in their bonds and
paper, not to mention other pension plans & mutual funds.  They should play
the music "Wipe-out" in the background if they announce bankruptcy filings....

I basically haven't looked at new cars in 2 decades, so I don't know what is
being put out now.  I do know I would never buy a Ford truck again, as mine
has been a headache for the duration, as have been the Ford dealerships I've
dealt with.  18 years later, discovered a tranny problem was actually a
warranty item from about 1 year after I bought the truck, and I had the truck
in constantly for tranny problems.  Ditto on other issues.  Another problem -
I had the truck in numberous times - something wrong in the front end, none
of the Ford dealers could find the problem.  Local NM mechanic found it in 5
mins,,,, a $40 part.  The list of issues is long.  If I hit the lotto, and if
Toyota or whomever, makes a big enough truck/engine I switch in a heartbeat.
Although I rarely drive, and use my scooter whenever possible for local
driving.  That actually is fun, and at 90-100mpg,,,  I like even better.