homestead - Re: [Homestead] hyper v depr debate continues

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] hyper v depr debate continues
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:16:00 -0800 (PST)

In other news.... Bush considers an "orderly bankruptcy" for the Big
3............ Chaulk that one up that for the depression camp....

Meanwhile, in world news - the Central Bankers of the world are in a race to
destroy their currencies faster than other currencies via Quantitative Easing
(the printing press w/zero interest rate policies).

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/dorsch/2008/1217.html

A bit of history is included about Japan's experiment with QE and the effect
on their stock market and gold prices in yen.  Japanese traders have already
learned from their own initial experiment to run to gold when the hear the QE
words.

Now add the US, Swiss, Japan and others jumping on the QE bandwagon,,,,

Japan's stock market initially popped on the QE bandwagon then went right
back down and then some, and has never recovered back up to it's highs.

Been saying for a couple of years that World War 3 will be an economic war -
a loca newscaster actually said something similar on tv, much to my surprise.

Bob, what are you hearing about the various QEs going on, and what effect do
you think it will have on the depression scenario, if any?  QE is something
I'm trying to get a grasp on.