homestead - Re: [Homestead] fencing (not the olympic sport)

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: roxann <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] fencing (not the olympic sport)
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 06:28:40 -0800 (PST)

Roxanne, at one time I was reading a lot about cordwood construction. Some
of the 'alternative' builders did a simialr activity. They charrde the ends
of the cordwood in an effort to insect-proof the wood. Other builders said
it was a stupid idea. I don't know the truth. I thought where you live,
that osage orange was plentiful, cheap and used as fenceposts. Isn't that
stuff insect and rot=proff, naturally?