homestead - Re: [Homestead] SWAT takes / Dona ld Scott

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SWAT takes / Dona ld Scott
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:52:17 -0800 (PST)

I can tell you for sure this type of asset forfeiture occurs.  Worked a lot
of cases involving just that, including attempts to seize property that was
rented out.

And if for some reason the gov't can't seize your property, they can
legislate your rights away to using your property thru passing various local
ordinances, as opposed to buying your property from you.  You own it, you pay
taxes on it, but you can't use it the way you want to.  And then you can't
sell your property for break-even because nobody else wants to own the
property under the terms of the ordinance.

I have warned people about asset forfeiture, Marie, and they honest to
goodness
don't believe me. That is one reason this banking thing has me so upset.
I'm going to use you as an example , becuase I know what I'm about to
say doesn not apply to you, but might to others on the list.

Right now, you own a small 60 acre homestead on the edge of the Mark Twain
National Forest. The Forest Service wants that land (or maybe a developer
with
good political ties) . LE pays a 'snitch" to claim you grew and sold
him pot. LE can confiscate your land on that information alone. The easier
way
is to back up the snaitches story by planting some pot.

Lets take it another step. Say, your imaginary 22 yo son lives with you and
his name is on the deed. The pot rweally is his, either way, they take your
land. In the second instance, you have done no economic harm, theough you did
break laws.

Now, Robert Rubin, Former Goldman Sachs and Citigroup Ceo, VConfidant of the
President Elect is reposnsible for destroying a hundred billion dollars in
taxpayer assets. Has anything from hime been seized? Have swat teams gone to
his house? Has he been handcuffed?

How do you teach young people about justice. How can you, with a straight
face, twell your son or your nephew to trust this government?