homestead - Re: [Homestead] New subscriber

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] New subscriber
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:16:39 -0500

This is Leslie's first email list...she's been exploring the resources
of the web on her own and I thought we all might help her get up to
speed. She wrote me after googling up the "Rabbit Math" post I made
here a few years back.
Welcome to the group, Leslie. You will get lots of email, but it will
ebb and flow over time. Winter is usually more active on the list
because so many are inside. Just delete the emails that don't interest
you. Some people are like you and homestead for survival or at least
financial survival, for others, survivalism doesn't play a part, it is
just a philosophy and way of life. There are many reasons.
From the little that I have conversed with you over the past weeks, I
think you will fit right in here, you will be addicted in no time to the
wide variety of personality and knowledge here. This subset of the
population is a group of the smartest people I have ever met, about
anything and everything. Just ask a question and see. :)

Bev

Leslie wrote:
Quick intro:

"Bev" has introduced me to this homestead site, I ran into her on the
internet somehow click click clicking away...

I'm in NM, in a farming area in the desert.

I feel strongly that raising personal consumption food is going to be
critical to survival within 3-9 years. I need to learn how, and how
to survive as much - asap.

My interests are primary in economics, which trickles down into just about everything. I have a varied background. My studies in various
economic areas have led me to realize that survivalism is a must and
time is running out for Americans.

And darned if I can figure out how to reply to specific threads to expand on why.....yet.

Leslie

View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead