homestead - [Homestead] was A slang question, now backing up

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] was A slang question, now backing up
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:48:46 -0500

sjc wrote:
...He has a really nice set of gates, made by an old Waldo County
hippie :-) ; I watched 'em get put together. I should have been a metalworker....
I went looking for a picture of the gates that were made here, but it looks like King has different gates now, as the pic in the link below shows. The ones made here were a different version of the same theme shown here, but just about all the pics I can find are of these gates, so apparently he's not using the ones I watched made, or, at least not at the front gate of the house in Bangor. He still has a house in the western part of the state where he grew up, may have moved them there or sold them or whatever, but looks like they've been replaced, at any rate.

The new gate, at the smith's website:
http://www.geocities.com/~ewing-steel/blacksmith.html

And I don't find a picture of the old ones, did have several myself, taken as they were made, but long since gone on a smoke ride....

SJ