homestead - Re: [Homestead] A slang question

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A slang question
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:25:19 -0500

bob ford wrote:
Another very interesting story Susan. You are on a roll this week.
Ha. I have to get more drywall compound before I go any farther on that project, so it is either go to town, or stay down here in the basement and 'help' Streak catch mice, so they don't get upstairs. I chose the only reasonable route to happiness.....

Of course, it takes him a while to locate a critter, during which time I entertain myself with the computer, sitting by side of the stove. When he finds one, my job is to move the wood or whatever, so he can get in to it. So far we're at 6 mice and 2 voles for the day, not counting one mouse I got in a trap last night.

I'm thinking I should probably put the dog door back up a couple of inches so the weasel can get back in.....but my dogboy loves this hunt business, so today is his day. He turned 12 not long ago, and we like each other, so I humor him. :-)

SJ