homestead - Re: [Homestead] The power of a voice - Odetta

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The power of a voice - Odetta
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:28:32 -0500

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM, VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Garrison Keillor will probably have a remembrance of some kind Saturday, on
> Prairie Home Companion, Likely just a few eloquent sentences.

My husband said the same thing, he was far more familiar with her than I
was. I had heard of her whereas he knew all about her. PBS's News Hour ran a
story with a clip of her singing on the Tavis Smiley not long ago. Wow!

It is a loss. She wanted to sing for Obama's Inaugaration and that would
have been something.

Lisa