homestead - Re: [Homestead] The power of a voice - Odetta

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The power of a voice - Odetta
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:47:32 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 12/4/08, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> In a world where the word unique is misused and overused,
> Odetta was
> unique. She seemed to deeply feel her music and when I
> watched and
> listened to her I was entranced. I especially enjoyed her
> singing a
> cappella.

Gene, I'm pleased to hear from Some one who admires Odetta as much as I do.

She had an amazing voice and could express great emotion with an absolute
minimum of vocal gymnastics.

Garrison Keillor will probably have a remembrance of some kind Saturday, on
Prairie Home Companion, Likely just a few eloquent sentences.

Van Dell