homestead - Re: [Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for peo...

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for peo...
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:22:56 -0600

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:11 AM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> If it is like I think, as long as he can speak Spanish, he'll do alright,
> conversationally
Not necessarily. Some of those people speak English in such a way that
speakers of English who understand English as spoken on the news would
have to listen to carefully and ask for much repetition to understand.

If a claim is made that that Texas is Southern because of its
Tennessee settlers then the bottom 2/3 of Illinois is Southern too.
Abe Lincoln wasn't not, by far, the only Kentuckyian who migrated
north. My little country school was full of them -- well, it was only
20 students, max,, K-8 -- but we had plenty of Kentuckyians. Here in
Greenview, we have lots of them, which is nice because they sure can
fiddle and sing.

Marie