homestead - Re: [Homestead] a musical question

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: rayzentz AT aim.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] a musical question
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 08:18:01 -0800 (PST)

'nothing wrong at all, 'little unnatural fishing through ice and eating
really smelly baked fish instead of frying perfecting good fish, but nothing
exactly wrong ......

I'm no expert on music, but I like bluegrass and country music (at least the
old style). I would say the Carter family ,and Mr.Roy Acuff were as
reposible as any people for old type country music and then Hank Williams cam
along as some weird kind of genius and took it to a different level.
Williams died before I was born, but A.P. , Mother Maybelle, The Carter
Sisters, Acuff etc, all played long into my youth , and I heard H. Williams
regularly on the radio growing up. My father still travels to bluegrass
festivals to hear that kind of music. I went to the Ryman as a young kid and
then once to the new Opry................