homestead - Re: [Homestead] Arkansas earthquakes

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, "" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Arkansas earthquakes
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:41:21 +0000

I'll try to get my camera working so I can get a picture of the foundation.
You can see that it's just stacked rocks, no mortar at all. Very interesting
how good someone can balance rocks way back when. This house was built in
either the late 1800's or the early 1900's.

In a minute I'll post a pic to my blog. I got the camera to work. And now
there's hardly any snow left to photograph. When the picture is there, I'll
post a link. The foundation is pretty neat to see. In later years, others
have used concrete blocks to replace rocks when they added onto the end of
the house. I think the rock stacking is a lost or dying skill.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)