homestead - Re: [Homestead] Arkansas earthquakes

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Arkansas earthquakes
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:24:02 +0000

Those are about 3 hours south of us and I wondered about whether there was
history there or not. If there was ever an earthquake here, I would worry
about the huge boulders, some the size of cars and larger, like ships that
appear just perched on the hills. I wonder if they are really like icebergs
where the rest of them are underground, or if what I see is the bulk of them.
That would be a major hazard if they started rolling down the hills. I would
think even a minor quake could start them moving.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)