homestead - Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:16:21 -0500

Maybe James was talking about something else. I think this study is
epigenetics.

Without going back to read this whole thread, I think I remember we were
talking about counting on clean living and a positive outlook to protect us
from disease and misadventure. The idea was that these two things can even
affect genetic predispositions to such an extent as to render it moot. I
guess the study relates to that theory.

I'm no scientist, much less a geneticist. I appear to have inherited a
sturdy constitution and doggedly optimistic tendencies. We joke about my
paternal grandmother who refused to let her hair grow gray. She said, "I'll
not have it!" When she passed just shy of 100, she had only a hint of gray
in her jet black hair. Apparently, though, smoking is a big no no for us.
All smokers have had serious cardiac-related effects that began at
a relatively young age.

Cathy