homestead - Re: [Homestead] DAY 22 Update

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] DAY 22 Update
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:37:07 -0500

Before when I candled, I threw away eggs that looked to be partially
developed. That is why this time I decided to risk the nasty explosions
and candle, but wait to toss.. If my memory serves, 60% is about what I
have gotten in the past, too.

Yeah, I was always scared with the old chicken coop. If you have looked
at the picture of the old coop, you can see that the door is only about
5 feet tall. I can't tell you how many times I have seen stars after
going in and out and hitting my head. I just knew that one day I would
be out cold in the chicken coop, and come to as the little witches were
pecking my eyes out. Note that in the new coop, I have a regular
sized door and I can lock out the chickens when I clean the coop.<g>

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Bev; congratulations on your hatching!! I rarely get above 60% (I don't candle, so end up with a lot of unfertilized eggs).

My chickens (free range) follow me around, waiting for me to feed them. They remind me of the little dinosaurs in Jurassic Park III that attacked that one guy....they scurry after you, and freeze when you turn around to look at them. It's funny/scary.

Lynn Wigglesworth Tioga Co. PA

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13