homestead - Re: [Homestead] DAY 22 Update

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] DAY 22 Update
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:38:08 -0800

How funny. While I think you mean comfys, I've always called those dinos the little chicken dinoseurs <g> And that creek (where they attack her) is one of the places we like to picnic. I've got pictures of DH and the kidlets walking around up there.

I would love that.
For me, having a neighbor with peacocks would almost be like having your
own, without the risk and expense.
Coyotes, foxes, and the dogs-of-the-felon(he's back in prison so the
dogs run free) are so bad here that I can no longer allow anything to
free range outside of a fence unless I am standing right with them.

You'll get used to their song. There is nothing funnier than watching a
peacock chase a peahen around. They are quite fast. Also, those
feathers are worth more eggs. I saw a bundle of peacock feather at the
store, they were like $1 each, 10 for $10. WOW.

We are halfway through day 22 and there is no appreciable change. I
can't see any sign of hatching from the 3 remaining eggs. All 21 live
chicks are doing well, eating like baby velocirapters(that scene with
the little girl feeding the velocirapters in Jurassic Park always
reminds me of chickens!) Anyway, they have imprinted to me at least for
now, and they really gear up when I start talking to them. If I reach my
hand in the box, they run over to my hand. It's fun.