homestead - Re: [Homestead] Termites ?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Termites ?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:11:19 -0500

I was afraid you were going to say that. That is kind of what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I sometimes talk with this kid-she's about 19 or so-never met her-who has spent some time in Zimbabwe. Her family is somehow friends with Arthur Mutambara, one of Mugabe's rivals, and she has met him and Morgan Tsvangiari, staying in the home of Mutambara both in Zimbabwe and in South Africa. She doesn't understand all the politics of the conflict and neither do I, so I ask here. But, she thinks Mugabe is simply evil and at one point mentioned that we(the US) supported Mugabe after he overthrew a dictator who was worse.
I haven't talked to Amie in 6 months or so, so I might write her a note tonight, now that I am thinking about this stuff.
Thanks James.

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

The farms fell into ruin. The populace, used to several generations of market food provided by the former farm owners, had and have no idea how to subsistence farm.

The former farms were not subsistence. They depended on great amounts of imported machinery, diesel, and fertilizer all purchased through world banking. None of Mugabe's bunch can find a co-signer. They have no international credit.

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda