homestead - Re: [Homestead] Termites ?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Termites ?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:05:45 EST

> >Why, exactly, are these people starving?

Because they elected a leader who believed, and persuaded the people to
believe, in the "divide the pie" economics. It's simple arithmetic. The
rich
white farmers had a total combined income of $X and if we just seize all
their
property and assets and divide that up among all the people, spread the
wealth
around, give people a chance, change the way we are changing the changes ...
well, then we'd all have a pretty good share rather than just a few old white
guys having it all.

So they did that. And now they are mired in irreversable destitution.

Coming to an economy near you!

But, about the termites, that's a red herring story. Termites there have
always been a delicacy much as we eat shrimp and fish roe and other things
people
elsewhere find disgusting.

It reminds me of the stories that were told of how hard a time the "pligrims"
had coming to Plymouth. Why they were "reduced" to eating old bread soaked
in beer.

Yes. That's what people ate then. It was normal fare and everyone ate it
even in the best of times.

James