homestead - Re: [Homestead] Termite ?

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Termite ?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:44:29 -0800 (PST)

--- On Tue, 11/18/08, Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 7:59 PM> From: Robert Walton
> <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Homestead] Termite ?
> To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Realtors hire a home inspector. I'd contact the local
> real estate
> office or look in the phone book and see if you can find
> one. You need
> to make sure that they are impartial. I once had a house
> inspected and
> the company outsourced the individual inspections to people
> that did
> that sort of work (termite inspection by pest control)
> wasn't very
> impartial.
>
> Rob - Va

When I purchased my house the real estate agent contacted a home inspector
and termite inspector each cleared the house. Once moved in I discovered
problems with electrical, including wire splices not in junction boxes, not
acceptable either by practice or by code. The termite inspector cleared the
house but didn't inspect the garage which had major problems.
If at all possible check out the inspectors, try to get references about
their work, and then check out what they tell you to the best of your ability.
Van Dell