homestead - Re: [Homestead] Worse than the Great Depression

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Worse than the Great Depression
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:31:54 -0500

From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
Speaking of that, no one on this list ever addressed my >Africa post. Why?

I just went back and reread it. Much of your Africa post is another area where we differ. I don't think we have an obligation or right to stop Islamic fundimentalism. We have no more right to interfer with religious beliefs in other countries than we do here. Countries like Iran have a right to block out foreigners and believe whatever they want. If they use terrorism in our country, we have a right to act against those terrorists, like any other criminals.

As for Obama's plans, many of the things you mentioned were old, and who knows how they will change in the new financial situation. Personally, I don't see how we can give financial aid to anyone...it would be like me donating money to Save the Whales, then defaulting on my mortgage because I don't have money.

I found this:
http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-10-17-voa35.cfm

A gathering of U.S. foreign policy experts, observers and diplomats has heard that American policy toward Africa will remain more or less constant, regardless of who wins the November 4 presidential election. VOA's Peter Heinlein in Addis Ababa reports strong evidence was presented to support the thesis that a President Obama might be tougher on Africa than a President McCain.

Lynn Wigglesworth