homestead - Re: [Homestead] Self dentistry?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Self dentistry?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:04:35 -0800

Son #1 decided he was Evil Kenevil when he was about 3. Took his tricycle and somehow made a jump out of hay bales. Landed and smacked his mouth on the handle bars. It was Sunday, of course and the closest dentist, who didn't take our insurance, of course, was 2 hours away. I made him gargle with salt water, then stuff his mouth with cotton rolls and made him bite down on cotton. The loose teeth did fine and he lost them in a normal time frame.

Wish I'd had one of those guards for him. Would have worked better than shoving them up with my fingers and cotton <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <eureka AT hctc.net>