homestead - [Homestead] Self dentistry?

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Self dentistry?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:29:50 -0600

The blind rescue sheep nailed me with a horn in the mouth last night at feeding time as I was kneeling down and something spooked her. I'm suprised I still have all my teeth, but my split lip and gums are swollen and my bite is off. It feels like my teeth got a little rearranged. I took some ibuprofen and slept with a custom mouth guard I happen to have from when I used to grind my teeth in my sleep and the bite seems better today. I could tell it was moving the teeth back where they should be. I can't really keep ice on it and get anything else done, and my dentist is half day away. I'm going to tincture my tickle tongue tree to numb it.

Do you think wearing the guard is a good idea to make sure my teeth stay aligned, or is this worth the trip to the dentist (or at least a call?)

--Sage
Way 'Ouch' in Texas