homestead - Re: [Homestead] Crimson Clover, cover crops

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Crimson Clover, cover crops
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:37:22 -0600

It's cool (40's daytime, 20's night time) and (usually) wet here in the winter. I'm in 8a, so not too different from you. Where could I get red oats? I bought the hulless oats and red clover from Southern Exposure, which was recommended as a rice source in a post I think you sent from a book. They were the ones that sold sticky rice, which I passed on thinking it was sweet rice. Their website said to plant the hulless oats in early spring, which would be March-April for us down here.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:12:18 -0500