homestead - [Homestead] Veggies

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Veggies
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:41:08 -0500

Anyone have this book?
http://www.amazon.com/Vegetables-Every-Day-Definitive-Cooking/dp/0060192216/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226356534&sr=1-1

I came across a recipe(for roasted radishes) that was allegedly from this book. I was just wondering if the recipes are truly original and creatively healthy, or if they are talking salads here, not that there is anything wrong with salads, it's just not what I am interested in.
Does the book talk about varieties of certain vegetables, like types of eggplant, for example, or does it stick to the common grocery store types?
The Amazon ratings look good...what say ye?

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda